VA loans4u Is Committed to Protecting Your Information
VA loans4u and its affiliates have a long history of safeguarding our customers' private information. And while we are committed to providing you with the financial services you need now and in the years ahead, you may be assured that your information will always be protected and held confidential. We want you to understand what may be collected and how it may be used. Our policy is to protect your privacy and help prevent fraud while making available the products and services to meet your needs. This privacy notice explains how we will fulfill our commitment to this. We offer you a choice about how your information may be shared. This choice will be reaffirmed annually regardless of whether or not you have decided to opt out.
Our Commitment to You
- We will hold our employees to the highest standards of conduct to ensure the confidentiality of your information.
- We will never use medical information to market products.
- We will use your information responsibly to protect you from fraud, offer a variety of products and services and comply with legal obligations.
- We will maintain accurate customer information and respond promptly to any requests to change that information.
- We will require companies with which we do business to appropriately safeguard and hold confidential any information about you that we must share with them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use and share information to provide you, our customer, with the highest quality products and services available. Your information allows us to:
- Administer your accounts with the greatest efficiency and accuracy
- Provide the latest products and services to meet your financial needs
- Extend special offers based on your relationship with us
- Introduce you to other companies and affiliates that may offer a product or service that will fill a need
Customer Information We Collect
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you personally on applications, forms or correspondence, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, assets, liabilities and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as account balances, location of transactions and payment histories
- Information we receive from third parties such as credit bureaus
In addition, we may collect information about you in compliance with certain laws and regulations. Except as prohibited by law, we may disclose all of the information we collect as described above.
Nonpublic personal information includes information regarding your account balance, payment history, and overdraft history.
Limited Information Sharing
The information described above may be shared with affiliates and with select, non-affiliated third parties. This sharing will be limited, as described below:
- Financial service providers, such as securities broker-dealers and insurance agents
- Non-financial companies, such as credit reporting agencies or direct marketers
- Others, such as co-applicants and those with whom you have consented to our sharing your information
We also may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other third parties as permitted by law. In addition, we may share the information that we collect (as described above) with other companies outside of our affiliates, with which we have a joint marketing agreement. We will also share it with other companies that perform specific or contracted services on our behalf, such as programmers, service providers and data processors. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
Safeguarding Customer Information
We have taken steps to safeguard your customer information. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
Other Information — You Have a Choice
We are permitted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to share information about our experiences or transactions with you or your account (such as your account balance and your payment history with us) with affiliates. We also may share additional information about you or your account (such as information we receive from you in applications and information from credit reporting agencies) with affiliates. You may direct us not to disclose to our affiliates information that does not relate solely to our experiences or transactions with you or your account (such as the application information and credit bureau information) by opting out, as described below. We also are permitted under law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties in certain other circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties to help us service your account(s) with us, in response to subpoenas and to credit bureaus.
If you want to opt out of information sharing, except as allowed by law, contact us to request that a Privacy Disclosure be sent to you for completion.
Internet Applicable Privacy Disclosure
Visitors to the VA loans4u (the Site) website remain anonymous. We do not collect unique identifying information about you individually unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us that information. Periodically, a "cookie" may be placed on your computer to indentify general information about your visit. A cookie is data that is given to a browser by a Web server that is returned by the browser on subsequent transmissions to identify the user and specifically designated information.
We do collect general information about your visit, such as when our site was accessed, which pages were accessed and what Internet provider was used. We can not identify a specific user from this record. You may elect to provide us with more specific information, such as when you give us feedback or send us an e-mail.
If you would like to know what information we have collected regarding your visit to our Web site, contact Customer Service or the specific department you e-mailed (i.e. Customer Service, Loans, etc.). After reviewing the information, if you believe any of it is in error, contact Customer Service or that specific department, explain the suspected discrepancy. If the information is incorrect, we will update it promptly. In addition, if you believe any information we have collected about you has been used for an improper purpose, contact our Compliance Officer, and explain your concerns in as much detail as possible so we may take any appropriate action.
We have a number of links to other sites on our Web site. These are offered as a courtesy and a convenience. We assume no responsibility for the content, safety, security or privacy of any such site or any transactions with respect thereto. If you have questions or concerns about any other site's policy regarding these matters, you should contact that site or its sponsor.
Protecting the privacy of children is crucial. For that reason, our Web site is not structured to attract children under age 13. Parental consent is required for children under 13 to provide personally identifiable information via our Web site.