Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program
First Community Mortgage is an approved Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program lender and can provide this program to qualified applicants in conjunction with VA, FHA, and Conventional qualifying guidelines.
The Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program offers Texas veterans a lower interest rate on the mortgage they are financing. The purpose of this program is to provide veterans the opportunity to purchase their own piece of Texas. This type of mortgage requires a home with land to qualify and is not available for just raw land. Proof of residency status will be required.
Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program Requirements:
- The home must be the veteran’s primary residence in Texas.
- The home must remain the primary residence for at least three years, and the veteran borrower must occupy the home within 60 days of closing.
- The qualifying veteran must be of at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of Texas on the date of the application, and meet one of the following service criteria:
- An active duty military member.
- A member of the Texas National Guard.
- A reserve component military member having completed 20 qualifying years for retirement.
- A veteran having served at least 90 active duty days unless discharged sooner due to service-connected disability and not discharged dishonorably.
- A surviving spouse of a veteran listed as missing in action or whose death was connected to their service.
Please contact the loan office closest to you for more information about the Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program.