Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program
First Community Mortgage is an approved Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program lender and can provide this program to qualified applicants in conjunction with VA, FHA, and Conventional qualifying guidelines. The Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program was created by the Veterans Land Board (VLB). There are two facets to the Veterans Land Board: Home Loans and Land Loans. The Home Loan is the mortgage loan option that the VLB allows lenders, such as First Community Mortgage, to offer Texas veterans through the Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program.
This program offers Texas veterans a lower interest rate on the mortgage they are financing. According to the Veterans Land Board website, the purpose of this program is to provide aid for Texas Veterans when they purchase a home. Eligible Texas veterans will be given the opportunity to purchase a home with a competitive, low-interest loan with little or no down payment. Qualified borrowers may receive up to $484,350 on a fixed-rate loan for 15, 20, 25 or 30 year terms*. Veterans who have a VA service-connected disability rating of 30% or greater may qualify for a discounted interest rate. Proof of residency status will be required.
Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program Requirements:
- The home must be the veteran’s primary residence in Texas.
- The home must remain the primary residence for at least three years, and the veteran borrower must occupy the home within 60 days of closing.
- The qualifying veteran must be of at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of Texas on the date of the application, and meet one of the following service criteria:
- An active duty military member.
- A member of the Texas National Guard.
- A reserve component military member having completed 20 qualifying years for retirement.
- A veteran having served at least 90 active duty days unless discharged sooner due to service-connected disability and not discharged dishonorably.
- A surviving spouse of a veteran listed as missing in action or whose death was connected to their service.
We offer loans to clients in Killeen, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights, Corpus Christi, Temple, and El Paso, Texas.
Please contact the loan office closest to you for more information about the Texas Veterans Housing Assistance Program.
*All VLB interest rates and available discounts are subject to change at any time. VLB Base Rate is subject to adjustment on the first business day of each week. All VLB loans are subject to credit approval.